1. To carry out research on the life and legacies of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of the Northern Region, particularly in the areas of values in service, leadership, development strategies, education, religious and ethnic tolerance, transparency and accountability towards immortalizing the late icon.
2. To conduct studies and research on how the legacies of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello can be inculcated in the present youth and for generations yet unborn.
3. To raise money for the purpose of pursuing the aims and objectives of the Foundation.
4. To organize seminars, conferences, workshops, and other capacity building programmes in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Foundation.
5. To seek and encourage support for the Foundation in any way necessary.
6. To develop and maintain communication and collaboration with all persons, national and international agencies and bodies that have similar interests, aims and objectives as the Foundation.
7. To encourage and facilitate the provision of voluntary services by professionals, communities and associations.
8. To promote the ideals of development and peaceful coexistence practiced by Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto through:
• Strengthening of bonds of mutual understanding;
• The promotion of good governance;
• Lending support to conflict management and resolution;
9. To promote human rights as enunciated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (adopted and proclaimed by the General Assembly of the United Nations Resolution 217 of 10 December 1948) and the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights (as ratified by Nigeria), for the good of the public by:
• Furthering education in human rights (through seminars, workshops, teaching, conducting research, etc.);
• Increasing awareness of human rights through publications and the media, provided that this does not conflict with established rules and regulations;
10. To help alleviate poverty by:
• Promoting skills acquisition and development for the youth and women;
• Promoting youth and women economic empowerment;
• Promoting child welfare and preventing maternal health challenges
• Providing needy communities with basic amenities;
• Improving access to quality health services by the generality of the people in Northern Nigeria
11. To help address the question of environmental sanity and sustainability by:
• Conducting or commissioning research and publishing the results of such research in this area;
• Promoting a safe and healthy environment;
12. To develop a permanent institutional capacity for the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Foundation.